Ryan and I travel all over the state, thanks to my job as Mayor of HeidiTown, and we’ve discovered some of the best places to steal a kiss on Valentine’s Day, or any other day, in Colorado.
1. On the gondola in Telluride, Colorado. If you and your sweetie find yourselves all alone on the gondola, which happens frequently, the 15 trip between Mountain Village and the Town of Telluride can be a very romantic trip.
2. At Benson Sculpture Garden in Loveland, Colorado. Stroll this Northern Colorado gem hand in hand, pausing occasionally to sneak kisses in the shadow of stunning bronze creations.
4. At Union Station in Denver, Colorado. What’s more romantic than a train station? The newly remodeled station in Denver inspires feelings of love and nostalgia.
5. On a sleigh ride in Breckenridge, Colorado. A one-horse open sleigh ride doesn’t just occur on commercials and on film, you can make it a reality at Nordic Sleigh Rides. It doesn’t get much more romantic than this.
6. Aboard the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad in Durango, Colorado. This comfy and scenic ride will create memories that will last a lifetime.
7. The Whiskey Bar at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. A trip to this place is sure to warm your heart and inspired a sugary bourbon kiss.
8. On a scenic snowshoe trek in Rocky Mountain National Park. The quiet of a snowy forest is a sweet escape from the hustle and bustle of life, making you open to experiencing love more deeply. And let’s face it, selfies in the snow are the best.
9. At the Mountain Top Picnic at Taste of Vail. Wine, incredible food and a view that puts all others to shame – what’s not to love about stealing a kiss on the mountain top in Vail?
10. While stuck in ski traffic on I70. Make the most of your winter weekend warrior woes and remember, if you are lucky enough to be in Colorado – even stuck on the freeway – you’re lucky enough.