Six reason to love Latigo Ranch
We spent three nights at Latigo Ranch outside of Kremmling, Colorado this past June, and we fell madly in love with the place.
Here are six reason to love Latigo Ranch.
1. Horse smell. I love the smell of horses. I didn’t grow up with horses, but I grew up around horses. In my area of the country it seemed like everyone owned one except for me. It’s weird to be nostalgic for something you never owned, but I am. The moment I walk into a barn or am close to a horse I inhale deeply. It’s like coming home. Perhaps I was a cowgirl in a previous life.
2. Amazing food. It seemed like we were eating all of the time. We got up and ate breakfast and then went for a horseback ride and then ate lunch. After lunch we’d take another ride followed by a dip in the pool and then it was dinner time. Everything we ate was homemade and delicious, plus, there were always healthy snacks available in the dining room and of course, cookies. Cookies are healthy, right?
3. Swim with Hummingbirds. The hummingbirds weren’t exactly swimming, but they were buzzing our heads as we swam. This has to be one of the only swimming pools with a view of a large herd of horses.
4. Dog love. When we travel we miss our German Shepherd Xena because she is the best dog ever. Thankfully there is no shortage of great dogs at Latigo Ranch with which to cuddle, and we loved on all of them every single day.
5. Peace and quiet. While they keep you very busy at Latigo Ranch, there’s a magical sort of peacefulness about this place. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but you sense it while you’re there.
6. Location, location, location. Latigo Ranch is located in one of the most stunning areas of Colorado. The ranch sits atop its own mountain and has views that are simply unparalleled. It gives one the sense of being very small while at the same time being part of this beautiful natural world.
I will cover some of these topics at more length in an upcoming post, but there you have it, six reason to love Latigo Ranch.
Thank you to Latigo Ranch for hosting us on this trip.