Contemplating a road trip this spring or summer?
Here’s why road trips rule.
1. There are no lines, no purse checks and you can leave your shoes on.
2. You can sing at the top of your lungs and no one but the dog thinks you’re crazy.
3. You can take your dog along. Dogs rule!
4. You can stop for breaks; stretch your legs and breathe real, clean, fresh air.
5. You can stop to eat real food. Diners rule!
6. You can pull over on a whim and take in the view.
7. Your seat does not have to remain in an upright position.
8. You can play the slug bug or alphabet game. The slug bug game is awkward on a plane.
9. You can have long philosophical conversations about any subject without strangers thinking you are completely insane.
10. The fastest route is rarely the most interesting.
Sometimes it’s not about the destination, but the journey itself.